Irfan Pathan replaces injured Vinay Kumar for Sri Lanka tourJuly 13th, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) All-rounder Irfan Pathan has replaced injured fast bowler R.Vinay Kumar in India’s squad for the upcoming Sri Lanka tour.
“R. Vinay Kumar suffered a right hamstring injury while training Thursday. He will hence not be available for the forthcoming tour of Sri Lanka,” confirmed a release from Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) in India Friday.
“The All-India Senior Selection Committee has named Pathan as Vinay Kumar’s replacement in the Indian squad.”
The BCCI statement added that “Vinay Kumar is expected to regain match-fitness in three weeks”.
Pathan was overlooked for the five One-Day Internationals and a T20 International in Sri Lanka when the team was picked last week.
India play their first ODI in Hambantota July 21.
- Akram lauds decision to include Pathan in Indian team - Jul 21, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out; Sehwag, Zaheer back for Lanka tour (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in ODI fold, Irfan retained (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out of Sri Lanka tour - Jul 04, 2012
- Sachin to play in Asia Cup, Sehwag rested (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Uthappa in India squad for one-off Twenty20 in South Africa - Mar 07, 2012
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in India's ODI squad since World Cup - Jan 15, 2012
- India opt to bat in second ODI - Jul 24, 2012
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Sehwag out, Gambhir decides to bat against West Indies - Dec 11, 2011
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Mithun replaces Praveen in Test squad for Australia tour - Dec 06, 2011
- India bat against Sri Lanka in first ODI - Jul 21, 2012
- Kohli stars in India's 21-run win over Sri Lanka (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012