Iraqi senior official escapes bomb explosionJanuary 20th, 2009 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Jan 20 (Xinhua) An Iraqi high-ranking official escaped unhurt in a bomb explosion Tuesday, an interior ministry source said.Ammar Aziz Muhammad Ali, undersecretary of Higher Education Ministry, escaped unhurt when a roadside bomb went off near his convoy in the Nidhal Street in Baghdad central district of Karrada, the source said, requesting anonymity.
The blast wounded two of Ali’s bodyguards and two by-standers, besides damaging one of his convoy’s vehicles, the source said.
Last Thursday, the minister of higher education escaped unhurt in a similar attack near his convoy in the same district.
- Iraqi minister survives car blast - Mar 08, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011
- 55 killed, 126 injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- 27 killed in Iraq bomb attacks - Dec 22, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012