Iraq attacks leave 31 dead, 47 injured (Lead)December 2nd, 2008 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Dec 1 (DPA) Thirty-one people were killed and 47 wounded in a spate of bomb attacks in Baghdad and Mosul Monday, Iraqi media reports said.In western Mosul, 15 people died and 37 were wounded when two car bombs - one detonated by a suicide bomber and the other by remote control - targeted a national police patrol vehicle and US forces, Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency said.
Earlier, also in Mosul, a policeman was killed and four were injured when a bomb targeted a police patrol, a security source said.
The blast was in Akedat neighbourhood in the capital of Nineveh province, the source told DPA.
In eastern Baghdad, a double bombing left 15 dead and 45 wounded, VOI reported.
A suicide bomber wearing an explosives belt blew himself up outside the local police academy shortly before a car bomb exploded near the gates, police said.
An Iraqi official in charge of the tribal police force affairs in the Iraqi cabinet meanwhile survived an assassination attempt Monday when a bomb went off near his motorcade in northern Baghdad, a senior security official said.
The blast, which took place in Saleekh neighbourhood, left one person dead and six others wounded, said Major General Qassem Atta.
- 50 killed, hundreds injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Suicide bomber targets Iraqi governor's house - May 18, 2009
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 60 dead in attack on Iraqi Shias, bombings (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Eight killed, 33 hurt in Iraq attacks (Night Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- 61 killed in Iraq attacks (Fourth Lead) - Aug 25, 2010