Iranian students design solar-powered carApril 8th, 2011 - 2:58 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 8 (IANS) Students from an Iranian university have designed a car that runs entirely on solar energy, state-run Press TV reported.
The students from the vehicular research department at the University of Qazvin designed the vehicle named “Havin” which means “shining sun”.
The car is five metres long and two metres wide and can run at a maximum speed of 130 km per hour, according to the report.
The fibre glass vehicle weighs 160 kg and is fitted with six square metres of silicon solar cells.
- Pakistani varsity students design solar car - Jun 21, 2012
- Iran makes arrests in scientist's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- Iran has drone engine know-how - Feb 25, 2012
- 'Eternal' solar plane Zephyr confirmed record-breaker - Dec 25, 2010
- Dikshit flags off solar car for world show - Sep 17, 2011
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Solar car sets speed record - Jan 12, 2011
- Iran to launch three new satellites - Nov 13, 2011
- Iran adds two submarines to naval fleet - Feb 11, 2012
- Landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Mar 26, 2011
- World's fastest solar car has power of household toaster! - Jan 07, 2011
- World's fastest solar car produces same power as toaster uses! - Jan 07, 2011
- Sun-powered plane flies non-stop for 20 hours - Jun 06, 2012
- Iran can produce n-fuel for vessels, submarines: Official - Jul 23, 2012
- All British embassy staff leave Iran: Report - Nov 30, 2011