Iranian diplomat kidnapped in Pakistan aliveDecember 22nd, 2008 - 12:35 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 21 (Xinhua) The Iranian diplomat kidnapped in Pakistan in mid-November is alive and in good health, Iran’s satellite television channel Press TV reported Sunday.Heshmatollah Attarzadeh Niyaki, commercial attache of the Iranian consulate, was kidnapped by unidentified gunmen Nov 13 when he was on way to office from his home in the Pakistani city of Peshawar. His driver was killed in the attack.
“The Iranian embassy’s efforts to locate the abducted diplomat have been satisfactory,” Iranian ambassador to Pakistan Mashallah Shakeri was quoted as saying.
“We were informed by Pakistani security officials that Attarzadeh is alive and we hope he will soon reunite with his family,” he added.
The Iranian foreign ministry has condemned the kidnapping saying the abduction was an act of “terror”.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi has denounced the kidnapping, adding authorities would leave no stone unturned to find the kidnapped diplomat.
- Abducted Iranian diplomat in Pakistan alive: Report - Dec 21, 2008
- Abducted Iranian diplomat rescued in Pakistan - Mar 30, 2010
- Iranian diplomat kidnapped in Pakistan - Nov 13, 2008
- Kidnapped Iranian, Afghan diplomats being kept beyond Pak provincial police jurisdiction - Dec 25, 2008
- Zardari to visit Iran for talks: Iranian envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Iranian diplomat recovered 15 months after kidnapping - Mar 30, 2010
- Iran asks for Pak support in investigating Chahbahar suicide blast - Dec 19, 2010
- Japanese journalist attacked in northwestern Pakistan - Nov 15, 2008
- Pakistan looks to Iran to mitigate energy woes - Oct 20, 2011
- Iran summons Swiss envoy over abductions in Syria - Aug 07, 2012
- Abducted Swiss couple found in Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Pak police claims kidnappers of Iranian, Afghan envoy arrested - Dec 24, 2008
- Kidnapped Swiss couple found in Pakistan - Mar 15, 2012
- Iran asks Turkey, Qatar to help release pilgrims in Syria - Aug 05, 2012
- Pakistan calls Iran a great friend - Nov 04, 2011