‘Iran won’t give in to western pressure’February 12th, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 12 (IANS) Iran has said it will not give in to any western pressure over its “peaceful” nuclear programme, Press TV reported.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi made the remarks while attending rallies in Tehran marking the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution, Xinhua reported Sunday.
On Saturday, hundreds of thousands of Iranians carrying flags and banners in support of the government celebrated the occasion nationwide.
“I think this is a good enough message for others to understand that this nation will never ever yield to pressures from outside,” Salehi said, referring to the large turnout of people at Tehran’s Azadi Square Saturday.
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran to announce new 'big' nuclear achievements - Feb 11, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to unveil nuclear achievements Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran prepares to strike back if attacked (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Iran congratulates Egyptian people's 'victory' - Feb 12, 2011
- Iran urges neighbours to prevent their airspace's misuse - Dec 16, 2011
- Iran should answer questions raised by IAEA: Clinton - Nov 12, 2011
- Iran's sole n-power plant becomes operational - May 19, 2011
- Iran ready to expand ties with North Korea - Aug 28, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Mubarak's exit will see emergence of new Middle East: Iran's Ahmadinejad - Feb 12, 2011
- Ready to examine US evidence on alleged assassination plot: Iran - Oct 18, 2011
- Iranian foreign minister sacked - Dec 13, 2010
- Iran to decide downed US drone's fate - Dec 18, 2011