Iran welcomes El Baradei visitFebruary 28th, 2008 - 1:25 pm ICT by admin
Tehran, Jan 11 (IANS) Iran Friday described the visit of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Mohammed El Baradei as an “important” phase of the country’s peaceful nuclear programme, IRNA reported. Head of National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Ala’eddin Boroujerdi welcomed El Baradei’s visit as being helpful in settling the country’s nuclear issue.
Boroujerdi said the IAEA chief’s visit to Iran is important in view of his “positive” reports on the country’s nuclear issue and added that Tehran “should continue to shed all ambiguities and implement the agreements reached in the past.”
Deputy chief of the country’s Atomic Energy Organization Mohammad Saeidi said El Baradei’s visit starts a new phase that would put an end to the political aspect of the Iranian nuclear issue.
El Baradei’s visit aims at clarifying all outstanding issues regarding Iran’s nuclear projects.
- Canada's suspension of ties 'hostile' measure: Iran - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Iranian lawmakers call for review of cooperation with IAEA - Nov 14, 2011
- Iran invites IAEA inspectors to visit n-sites - Dec 22, 2011
- Iran should clarify outstanding nuclear issues : IAEA - Nov 18, 2011
- Iran should cooperate with IAEA : UN chief - Feb 18, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- IAEA team arrives in Iran - Jan 29, 2012
- 'IAEA resolution not to stop Iran's nuclear programme' - Nov 20, 2011
- Iran deplores U.S.-sponsored human rights resolution - Mar 26, 2011
- Iranian parliament against uranium exchange deal - Oct 24, 2009
- Iran accuses US of pressuring IAEA - Nov 06, 2011
- IAEA to inspect new Iranian nuclear site Oct 25 - Oct 04, 2009
- IAEA team to visit Iran as EU slaps oil imports ban - Jan 24, 2012