Iran to build six more nuclear power plantsAugust 20th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 20 (IANS) Iran plans to build six more nuclear power plants, besides the one in the southern port of Bushehr, official IRNA news agency reported Wednesday. Deputy chief of Iran’s Atomic Energy Commission Ahmad Fayyazbakhsh said that agreements have been signed with six local companies for building the plants.
Construction of the plants would start after selection of suitable sites, he said, adding that the process could take a year.
Iran had earlier declared that the country would build six nuclear power plants and had floated global tenders for their construction.
The six Iranian firms have been selected from among 62 foreign and 58 domestic companies which bid for the projects.
The country is building its first nuclear power plant in the southern port of Bushehr with Russian help and it is expected to become operational later this year.
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Iran's Bushehr plant to produce 1,000 MW electricity - Dec 21, 2011
- Iran's sole n-power plant becomes operational - May 19, 2011
- Iran n-plant supplies 940 MW electricity - Apr 30, 2012
- Iran's n-plant launch delayed - May 30, 2012
- Iran to build another n-plant in 2014 - May 27, 2012
- Iran to build more nuclear power plants - Aug 19, 2008
- Iran's first nuclear power plant opens - Aug 21, 2010
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- Iran to launch Bushehr n-plant in February - Nov 24, 2011
- Iran to speed up uranium enrichment - Jun 13, 2011
- Iranian first n-plant running at 'full capacity' - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran ready to cooperate with countries to build n-plants - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran launches Bushehr nuclear power plant - Sep 12, 2011