Iran to build new missile, seaplaneJuly 26th, 2012 - 9:44 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Iran will soon start manufacturing a new missile and an indigenous seaplane, Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi has said.
“The production line of high-precision missiles and armed flying boats (seaplanes) will be launched soon,” Press TV quoted Vahidi as saying Wednesday.
He offered no timeline for the new products or their basic specifications.
Iran has been emphasising its ability to attain self-sufficiency in defence and produce important weapon systems domestically, especially after Russia scrapped a 2007 contract for S-300 surface-to-air missile systems.
Tehran has claimed it can manufacture an S-300 system on its own.
- Iran making progress on indigenous missile - Apr 18, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Iran unveils surface-to-air missile - Sep 05, 2011
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran starts production of medium range missiles - Mar 12, 2010
- Iran starts cruise missile production - Feb 04, 2012
- Iran says still puzzled over scrapped arms deal with Russia - Oct 11, 2011
- Iran to hold biggest naval war games - Jan 06, 2012
- Russia seals missile deal - Mar 20, 2012
- Iran threatens Israel - Jul 02, 2012
- Moscow reiterates its missile defence posture - Aug 21, 2012
- Russia to launch 100 military satellites - Feb 23, 2012
- Iran to hold another military drill - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: ahmad, brigadier general, defence minister, flying boats, iran, missile systems, missiles, moscow, ria novosti, russia, s 300, self sufficiency, surface to air, surface to air missile, tehran, timeline, weapon systems