Iran test-fires missile capable of hitting IsraelJuly 9th, 2008 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 9 (IANS) Iran has successfully test-fired news missiles, including a long-range Shahab-3 missile that could hit Israel, the official IRNA news agency reported Wednesay. The Shahab-3 missile, which is equipped with one tonne of conventional warhead and has a reported range of about 2,000 km, was test-fired Wednesday, the third day of a war game dubbed as ‘Great Prophet 3′ in the Persian Gulf and the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
About nine long and medium-range missiles were tested during the exercise, a joint maneuvre carried out by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps’ (IRGC) naval and ground forces, to demonstrate Iran’s capability in hitting its enemies accurately at the early stage of any possible attacks against the Islamic country.
Speaking about the drill, General Hossein Salami of IRGC said the exercise was to “demonstrate our resolve and might against enemies who in recent weeks have threatened Iran with harsh language”.
Iran’s state-run Arabic channel al-Alam reported that the country have many short, medium and long-range missiles which are all produced by Iranian experts.
The missiles test-fired during the military drill were all accurate in hitting thier targets, al-Alam reported.
- Iran test fires anti-ship missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran launches medium-range missiles during second phase of drill - Sep 28, 2009
- Iran to hold missile drill - Jul 02, 2012
- Iran test fires more missiles - Jan 02, 2012
- Iran to unveil 'advanced' cruise missile - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran to strike back if attacked - Feb 05, 2012
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- Iran test fires surface-to-sea missiles - Jul 06, 2011
- Iran long-range missile puts 'Israel, Arabia, parts of Europe' in range - Sep 28, 2009
- Iran test-fires long-range missiles - Sep 28, 2009
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran test-fires Shahab missiles - Sep 28, 2009
- Iran begins 'Holy Prophet 5' war games - Apr 22, 2010
- Iran prepares to strike back if attacked (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Iran tests artillery firepower in navy drills - Dec 31, 2011