Iran starts cruise missile productionFebruary 4th, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 4 (IANS) Iran Saturday began mass production of its latest anti-vessel cruise missiles, the official media reported.
The short-range missile will be able to hit small and average-sized targets with high precision, Xinhua quoted the IRIB TV as saying.
It can be carried on light and fast moving vessels, and has high destructive power.
Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi Saturday launched the production of Zafar (Victory) cruise missile.
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran to build new missile, seaplane - Jul 26, 2012
- Iran begins making anti-cruise missile shield - May 04, 2010
- Iran to help Zimbabwe raise defence strength - Mar 11, 2012
- Iran starts short-range missile production - Mar 07, 2010
- Iran inaugurates anti-cruise missile system - May 05, 2010
- Iran plans to sell more arms to 'friendly' states - Mar 11, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran successfully tests Fateh-110 missile - Aug 26, 2010
- Iran begins anti-armour missile production - Jul 07, 2012
- Iran warns against foreign military intervention in Syria - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran says ready for defence cooperation with Egypt, Libya - Oct 30, 2011
- Iran to launch new generation of satellites - Feb 06, 2012
- Iran to hold another military drill - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: ahmad, brigadier general, cruise missile, cruise missiles, defence minister, destructive power, iran, irib tv, mass production, missile production, range missile, targets, tehran, victory, xinhua