Iran self-sufficient in missile production: ministerJanuary 28th, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 28 (RIA Novosti) Iran has achieved self-sufficiency in manufacturing combat missiles of various modifications, the country’s defence minister has said. Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said Iranian military specialists “are creating types of weapons that have no equal in the world”.
He added that Iran would continue to build up its defence capability to ensure regional stability and security.
“Our greater defence power is no threat to other countries,” he said. “Iran only needs a system to deter and repulse possible external aggression against it.”
Iran said Monday it had successfully test-fired a heat-seeking air-to-air missile. The Defence Ministry said the new missile, which has a range of 100 km, will go into production after the tests are completed in March.
Tehran announced last November it had successfully test-fired a new surface-to-surface solid-fuel missile, called Sajjil, with a range of about 2,000 km.
It earlier test-launched an upgraded Shahab-3 ballistic missile as part of the Great Prophet III military exercise in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, drawing a fresh wave of international criticism.
- Iran test fires more missiles - Jan 02, 2012
- Iran test-fires new missiles - Jan 01, 2012
- Iran tests artillery firepower in navy drills - Dec 31, 2011
- Iran to fire homemade missiles during navy drills - Dec 31, 2011
- Iran unveils home-made ballistic missiles on Army Day - Apr 18, 2010
- Iran test-fires another missile - Aug 25, 2010
- Iran announces missile test, says Israel within range - May 20, 2009
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni-I missile (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran test fires surface-to-sea missiles - Jul 06, 2011
- Iran begins 'Holy Prophet 5' war games - Apr 22, 2010
- Iran test fires surface-to-surface missile - Aug 20, 2010
- India test-fires medium range Akash missile - May 24, 2012