Iran says Egypt not helping injured GazansDecember 31st, 2008 - 4:14 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 31 (IANS) Tehran has criticised Egypt’s lack of cooperation to transfer the injured from the Gaza Strip to Iran for treatment, IRNA reported Tuesday.Iran’s Health Minister Kamran Baqeri-Lankarani Tuesday told reporters that a proposal to transfer the wounded from Gaza to Iran via Cairo was refused by the Egyptian authorities.
He said voluntary organisations have expressed their readiness to send relief supplies to Gaza but Egypt refused to lift the blockade on the border.
At least 369 people have been killed in the latest fighting between Hamas-led militant groups and Israeli armed forces in the Gaza Strip since Saturday. Emergency officials said that around 1,700 people have been injured.
The minister said only a few of the injured have been shifted to Iran for treatment so far.
The US has urged Israel to avoid civilian casualties in the conflict and called on both sides to ensure humanitarian aid reaches the tiny enclave.
- Israel Navy intercepts Gaza-bound aid vessels - Nov 04, 2011
- Hamas says political motives behind Gaza's mounting energy crisis - Mar 21, 2012
- Gaza aid ship docks in el-Arish, awaits instructions - Jul 15, 2010
- Hamas hails decision to permanently open Rafah border crossing - May 27, 2011
- Egypt opens Rafah crossing for stranded Palestinians - May 15, 2010
- Palestinians to apply for UN status despite pressure: Abbas - Sep 08, 2012
- Egyptians march to Gaza to demand border be opened - Mar 06, 2011
- Palestine: Fatah, Hamas reach agreement on reconciliation - Apr 28, 2011
- Thousands of Palestinians, aid cross Egypt's border with Gaza - Jun 12, 2010
- Egyptian parliamentary delegation visits Gaza - Mar 29, 2012
- Hamas foiling Gaza power crisis solution: Palestinian PM - Mar 26, 2012
- Iran summons Egyptian envoy for not allowing aid ship - Jan 27, 2009
- Egypt confirms Israeli-Palestinian prisoners swap deal - Oct 12, 2011
- Egypt foils attempt to smuggle cement into Gaza - Jul 25, 2010
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012