Iran ready to help resolve disputes in Africa: AhmadinejadJuly 9th, 2008 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 9 (IANS) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday that Iran was ready to help resolve disputes in the African continent, the official IRNA news agency reported. Ahmadinejad made the statement during a meeting with his visiting Senegalese counterpart Maitre Abdoulaye Wade here, the president’s office said.
“Iran sees no limit on transfer of its experiences and achievements in various fields mainly in oil, petrochemical and energy industry to all Muslim nations and Senegal in particular,” the Iranian leader told Wade.
He underlined that the Islamic countries grouped under the banner of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) should play a major role in resolving regional issues particularly those pertaining to the Muslim world.
Ahamadinejad hailed the endeavour of Senegal in this area and said Iran was always prepared to help the best it can in resolving regional disputes as well as conflicts in the African continent.
He expressed the hope that brotherly ties between Iran and Senegal would further be deepened.
The Senegalese president, for his part, outlined the latest developments in the region and thanked Iran for its all-out support for African countries particularly friendly and Muslim states.
- Zardari to visit Iran for talks: Iranian envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Ahmadinejad invited to Saudi Arabia to discuss Syria - Aug 06, 2012
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- Europe taking away Iran's rain, says Ahmadinejad - May 21, 2011
- Iranian president embarks on Latin American tour (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Ahmadinejad wishes to visit London for Olympics - May 18, 2012
- Iran launches Spanish language TV channel - Feb 01, 2012
- Senegal severs diplomatic ties with Iran - Feb 23, 2011
- Ahmadinejad's visit to disputed island irks Lebanon - Apr 15, 2012
- Iran vows support to Syrian leadership - Mar 31, 2012
- Ban condemns Ahmadinejad's anti-Israel statement - Aug 18, 2012
- Ahmadinejad invites Morsi to non-aligned meet in Iran - Jul 06, 2012
- Iran's supreme leader backs Kashmir 'struggle' (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011