Iran ready to face possible Israeli attack: LarijaniJune 22nd, 2008 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, June 22 (IANS) Iran’s parliament speaker Ali Larijani has said the country is ready to face any eventuality, including an attack by Israel on its nuclear facilities, official news agency IRNA reported Sunday. “We are ready to face any situation”, the agency quoted Larijani as telling reporters Saturday when he was asked about Israel’s threat of attacking the Islamic country’s nuclear installations.
The Iranian leader, however, warned that Iran would respond to an attack, if it takes place, by Israel with full force.
“If they make such a grave mistake, they will pay a high price for it,” Larijani said on the sidelines of a ceremony in commemoration of late Mostafa Chamran.
Chamran, deputy prime minister of Iran, was killed in 1981 by a splinter during Iraqi bombing in the Iran-Iraq war that raged for nearly the whole of the 1980s.
Israel early June had conducted a major air force exercise that US officials said appeared to be a dry run for a possible attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.
- Iran blames Israel for killing nuclear staff (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attack - Aug 19, 2012
- Iran arrests suspects over n-scientists' murders - Jun 15, 2012
- Iran makes arrests in scientist's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran blames CIA for Iranian nuclear official's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- Medvedev urges calm over Iran, warns of 'catastrophe' - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran might go on a preemptive strike - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- EU accepts Iran talks offer - Mar 06, 2012
- 'Iran foiled many bids to assassinate scientists' - Jul 15, 2012
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011