Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uraniumOctober 18th, 2011 - 12:49 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Oct 17 (IANS) Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said Monday that Iran has so far produced nearly 70 kg of 20 percent enriched uranium.
Iran should convert 20 percent enriched uranium into fuel plates to feed Tehran research reactor, which produces radioisotopes for cancer treatment, Salehi was quoted as saying by the semi-official Mehr news agency, Xinhua reported.
He said that Iran will start to produce plates of nuclear fuel for the Tehran research reactor in five months.
Iran has constructed a plant at the Isfahan nuclear facility for manufacturing nuclear fuel plates, according to Mehr.
In June, Iran’s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Ali-Asghar Soltanieh, said that Iran produced over 50 kg 20 percent enriched uranium till then.
Talking to Xinhua on the sidelines of an international nuclear disarmament conference in Tehran, Soltanieh said: “We need 120 kg enrichment up to 20 percent … for the Tehran reactor.”
- Iran to speed up uranium enrichment - Jun 13, 2011
- Iran says can produce nuclear fuel - Jan 08, 2011
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- Iran claims production of nuke yellowcake - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Iran has 25 kg of 20 percent enriched uranium' - Aug 27, 2010
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran has produced 17 kg of 20 percent enriched uranium: Official - Jun 23, 2010
- Iran asks assurance of nuke fuel supply before swap deal - May 10, 2010
- Iran to rethink making 20 percent enriched uranium - Jul 29, 2010
- 'IAEA resolution not to stop Iran's nuclear programme' - Nov 20, 2011
- Iran says it has produced 20kg of enriched uranium - Jul 12, 2010
- Iran to continue uranium enrichment despite swap deal - Jun 03, 2010
- Iran says IAEA's documents on its missile programme 'baseless' - Nov 06, 2011
- Iranian lawmakers call for review of cooperation with IAEA - Nov 14, 2011
- Iran to unveil new nuclear achievements - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: ali akbar, ali asghar, atomic energy agency, cancer treatment, disarmament conference, five months, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iranian foreign minister, isfahan, nuclear disarmament, nuclear facility, nuclear fuel, research reactor, salehi, semi official, sidelines, tehran, xinhua