Iran hopeful over Baghdad n-talks: MinisterApril 30th, 2012 - 4:43 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 30 (IANS) Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi is hopeful that the next round of nuclear talks between the country and the world powers would be fruitful, ISNA news agency reported.
Speaking during a joint press conference with his visiting Armenian counterpart Edward Nalbandian, Salehi Sunday called the Istanbul talks held earlier this month “successful” and expressed hope that the scheduled meeting in Baghdad would be even more fruitful, Xinhua reported.
“As we took one step forward in Istanbul, God willing we will take several steps in the Baghdad meeting,” he was quoted as saying.
For his part, Armenian foreign minister Nalbandian said his country believes that Iran’s nuclear stand-off should be settled through peaceful means.
The latest round of nuclear talks between Iran and the UN Security Council’s five permanent members — the US, Britain, France, Russia and China, plus Germany (P5+1), concluded in Turkey’s Istanbul city earlier this month, with all sides describing the talks as positive and agreeing to meet again in the Iraqi capital May 23.
- Remove sanction, Iran tells West - Apr 30, 2012
- Iran hopes for results from n-talks - Apr 04, 2012
- Iran ready to hold nuclear talks: Minister - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Iran wants n-talks in Istanbul - Mar 30, 2012
- Six-party n-talks 'positive'; Iran refuses meeting with US (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Iran renews support for Annan's Syria peace plan - Aug 01, 2012
- Iran not to retreat an iota from its rights - May 12, 2012
- 'Iran won't give in to western pressure' - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran should answer questions raised by IAEA: Clinton - Nov 12, 2011
- Clinton says diplomacy with Iran not infinite - Apr 05, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Annan's peace plan still alive :Iran - Aug 10, 2012
- Tehran calls on US, EU to settle nuclear dispute - Jul 26, 2010
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: ali akbar, baghdad, counterpart, edward nalbandian, god, hopeful, iran, iranian foreign minister, iraqi capital, isna news agency, istanbul city, nuclear talks, p5, russia, salehi, several steps, tehran, turkey, un security council, xinhua