Iran discovers Israeli spy networkNovember 24th, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Nov 24 (Xinhua) Iran has discoved an Israeli spy network engaged in supplying the country’s military information, Iran’s state TV (IRIB) reported Monday, quoting a top military official.Commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said that Iran has discovered an Israeli spy network recently, Iran’s state TV (IRIB) website reported Monday.
“Recently, a network which was spying the country’s military organisations was detected and traced. After some intelligence work, we discovered that it related to the Israeli intelligence services (Mossad),” Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, Commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), was quoted as saying.
“The agents were arrested thereafter,” Jafari said, whithout disclosing the number of people arrested.
“The spy network intended to collect nuclear information and information of sensitive parts of IRGC, and then transfer the information to the Zionist regime,” he said, adding that “some advanced and complicated communication systems were also discovered in the spying network.”
Recently, Iran has executed a 45-year-old person for allegedly spying for Israel.
Ashtari, a telecom salesman, was arrested in February 2007 for cooperation with Mossad for three years.
The intelligence ministry of the Islamic country has also warned Iranians to be on alert “about the serious danger of penetration of the Israeli intelligence services to Iran’s internet and telecommunications network”.
- Man held for spying near Ahmadinejad's helicopter - May 29, 2012
- Iran's IRGC begins new military drill (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran holds military drill - Feb 04, 2012
- Iran to strike back if attacked - Feb 05, 2012
- 22 Azerbaijanis suspected of spying for Iran held - Mar 15, 2012
- Iranian troops begin military drill - Jan 08, 2012
- Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace - Mar 08, 2012
- 17 Iranian soldiers killed in ammunition depot blasts - Nov 13, 2011
- Iran sentences 13 for spying for Israel: TV - May 14, 2012
- Iran to hold another military drill - Jan 04, 2012
- Alleged spy for Israel executed in Iran - Nov 22, 2008
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran test fires anti-ship missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- US expands sanctions on Iran - Mar 29, 2012
- Iran threatens Israel - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: intelligence ministry, intelligence work, irgc, islamic revolutionary guard corps, israeli intelligence services, israeli spy, military organisations, mohammad ali jafari, spy network, zionist regime