Iran deports 82 PakistanisMay 21st, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 21 (IANS) A total of 82 Pakistani nationals have been deported by Iran for living illegally in the country, Daily Times reported Monday.
The Pakistanis were arrested by Iranian security officials after their visa to stay in the country expired. They were handed over to Pakistani officials on Taftan border which is Pakistan’s official border crossing into Iran.
Pakistani officials deployed on Taftan Zero-Gate on Pak-Iran border received these deportees and handed them over to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for further interrogation.
- Pakistan orders probe into human trafficking to Iran - Nov 19, 2010
- Iran-Pakistan 'Taftan border' reopened after six months - Jan 27, 2011
- More immigrants crossing Pak into Iran, says Pak investigating agency - Nov 24, 2008
- 30 Pakistanis deported from Greece - Jun 16, 2011
- US citizen detained at Peshawar airport - May 14, 2011
- Pakistanis deported from Greece, Oman - Apr 12, 2012
- 10 Pakistanis deported from Greece - May 11, 2012
- Pak launches crackdown against illegal foreigners in aftermath of Aaron's arrest - Mar 01, 2011
- Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Iran media reports - Jul 01, 2012
- Britain to have database to track down illegal migrants - Aug 22, 2012
- Iran shuts border point with Pakistan following mosque attack - Jun 01, 2009
- 42 Pakistanis deported from Turkey - Dec 16, 2011
- Pakistani court frees three Iranian soldiers - Jan 15, 2012
- Pakistan frees detained Iranian guards - Jan 16, 2012
- Escalating Iran-Pak tensions may weaken Waziristan offensive, warns US diplomat - Oct 20, 2009