Iran denies role in Israel embassy car explosionFebruary 14th, 2012 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Iran Monday rubbished Israeli accusations about its alleged involvement in attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia, saying they are “untrue and sheer lies.”
“Any terrorist attack is condemned (by Iran) and we strongly reject the untrue comments by an Israeli official,” Iran’s Ambassador to India Seyed Mehdi Nabizadeh told IRNA, the Iranian news agency. “These accusations are untrue and sheer lies, like previous times.”
The Iranian envoy was reacting to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s comments blaming alleged terror attacks on “Iran and its client Hezbollah”.
Standing behind Monday’s attacks was “Iran, the world’s greatest exporter of terror”, Netanyahu said.
“In the last few months we have witnessed several attempts to target Israeli citizens and Jews in a series of countries, such as Azerbaijan and Thailand.
“In all of these cases we were able to thwart these attacks in cooperation with local forces,” he said.
A car belonging to the Israeli embassy was gutted after an explosion Monday in a high-security zone in the Indian capital. Four people, including the wife of an Israeli diplomat, were injured, police said.
An attack was foiled in Georgia after an embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb underneath his car as he was driving to the embassy Monday morning.
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
- Iran behind attack on Israeli missions: Netanyahu (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran behind attack on Israeli missions: Netanyahu - Feb 13, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- We don't accept or deny Israelis allegations: Iran - Feb 15, 2012
- Hezbollah link to Israeli car blast? - Feb 13, 2012
- Iran condemns Bangkok blasts - Feb 15, 2012
- Israeli team to reach Delhi to discuss attack - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Two Iranian suspects in Bangkok blast released - Feb 28, 2012
- Attack not a failure for India: Krishna - Feb 14, 2012
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israeli diplomats world over use taxis after attacks - Feb 14, 2012