IPS Rajiv is new CISF chief (Lead)January 18th, 2012 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Rajiv, who goes by his first name, was Wednesday named the new chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) that guards India’s vital installations including airports and nuclear establishments.”Rajiv has been appointed as director general, CISF,” a home ministry spokesperson said.
The 1975 batch Uttar Pradesh cadre IPS officer is at present working as head of the National Disaster Response Force and Civil Defence.
Rajiv, an M.Sc in physics, will take over charge Jan 31 from outgoing CISF head N.R. Das, who is retiring.
The CISF is a 1.47-lakh strong paramilitary force that provides security to nuclear and space establishments, airports, seaports, power plants, sensitive government buildings and monuments.
The new chief takes over at a time when the CISF has drawn flak over alleged involvement of its men in unprovoked firing that killed a Class 12 student at a Kashmir power plant earlier this month.
The CISF has initiated an independent inquiry into the incident, which is also being probed by the state government.
- Rajiv appointed new CISF chief - Jan 18, 2012
- CISF to install new security gadgets - Mar 07, 2011
- CISF to provide security to Mumbai Port - Apr 21, 2010
- CISF launches dog breeding centre - Jan 05, 2010
- Turkey to build 23 nuclear power units - Jun 06, 2012
- Shutdown call by traders affects life in Srinagar (With Image) - Jan 06, 2012
- India's atomic plants remain on terror radar: Government - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Weak links in security of India's coastal n-plants' - Jan 20, 2012
- Two held with revolvers at Delhi airport - Apr 04, 2011
- Chidambaram calls on CISF to start R and D unit - Mar 10, 2010
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Taj, Trident seek CISF cover - Mar 07, 2009
- Iran's n-plant launch delayed - May 30, 2012
- Terrorists can target India's nuke plants: Minister - Mar 15, 2011
- India's strategic affairs guru K. Subrahmanyam dead - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: central industrial security, cisf, civil defence, director general, disaster response, government buildings, home ministry, indian police service, ips officer, kashmir, national disaster, nuclear establishments, paramilitary force, power plant, power plants, rajiv, response force, seaports, security force, sensitive government