IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar PradeshJune 20th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 20 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday transferred six Indian Police Service (IPS) officials, including the deputy inspector generals (DIG) of Agra and Faizabad and the Special Investigative Team.
According to a government communique, DIG Faizabad Bhanu Bhaskar has been shifted to Agra in the same capacity while DIG UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board Pramod Kumar Mishra has been shifted to Faizabad in the same capacity.
DIG Agra Ram Kumar Swarnkar has been shifted to the UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board.
Police officer Bhani Ram Meena, who recently returned from a central deputation, has been appointed commandant of the Provincial Armed Constabulary’s 12th battalion in Fatehpur.
Satish Kumar Mathur has been moved from the DGP’s office and made DIG Special Investigative Team.
Mathur was in the news recently for his comments, allegedly over honour killing, and was transferred from Saharanpur as a result.
- Letter threatens to blow up Ramjanmabhoomi complex - Apr 17, 2012
- UP removes police officer for backing honour killing - May 11, 2012
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- UP gets new police chief, 26 officers shifted - Mar 19, 2012
- Kill eloped daughter, suggests senior UP cop - May 09, 2012
- Elaborate security for Agra municipal polls - Jun 27, 2012
- UP cop advocates honour killing, NCW wants him suspended - May 09, 2012
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Italian tourist killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2010
- UP government transfers 109 officials - Apr 07, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Guard accidentally fires inside college, six injured - Apr 27, 2011
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- Heritage week on, but it doesn't show in Taj city - Nov 22, 2010
- Four of a family killed near Agra - May 24, 2011