IPS officer’s killing: CBI gets driver’s custodyMarch 20th, 2012 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 20 (IANS) A court in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena district Tuesday sent the tractor driver, who had crushed to death Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Narendra Kumar on Holi day, to three days’ custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sub-divisional police officer Narendra Kumar was killed when he was trying to stop the tractor loaded with illegally mined stones at Banmore March 8 but instead of stopping, the driver Manoj Gurjar run him over.
Gurjar, who was later arrested by Morena police, however, pleaded innocence before the court, saying the incident in which IPS officer got killed was an accident and not pre-planned murder.
Kumar’s father, Keshav Dev, had alleged that his son was murdered as he was taking tough action against illegal mining mafias.
The CBI had taken up the case March 15.
- Police officer's murder: Inspector transferred - Mar 11, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Deceased IPS officer's father alleges political murder - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer's murder: Chouhan orders judicial inquiry - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop - Mar 13, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: MP government slammed, judicial probe ordered (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Team Anna calls for law to protect whistleblowers - Mar 09, 2012
- CBI begins probing IPS officer's killing - Mar 15, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 08, 2012
- CM involved in Madhya Pradesh illegal mining: Digvijay Singh - Mar 09, 2012
- Team Anna to stage fast seeking justice for slain officer - Mar 12, 2012
- Lawlessness on rise in Madhya Pradesh (Madhya Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,