IPS officer moves court seeking custody of Lotika SarkarFebruary 20th, 2009 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) A Bihar cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Friday moved the Delhi High Court seeking custody of Lotika Sarkar, former Delhi University Law Faculty head, who he alleged has been taken by some people to Mumbai.
Nirmal Dhondial, IPS officer, in his petition alleged that the octogenarian Sarkar has been taken by Mathew Allure and his wife and daughter to Mumbai. He said he was in constant touch with Sarkar since January till Feb 7, but after that all communication lines were snapped.
Lotika Sarkar, widow of journalist Chanchal Sarkar, owns a house in the upmarket Hauz Khas in south Delhi. A tussle over the ownership came into the limelight when a national daily highlighted her plight and the fight between Dhondial and another caretaker regarding ownership of the property. Both claim that Lotika had bequeathed them the house, which is worth around Rs.50 million.
A division bench comprising Justices B.D. Ahmed and V.B. Gupta appointed a court commissioner, senior advocate Arjun Bhandhari, and asked him to visit Lotika’s home on Saturday along with Delhi Police standing counsel Mukta Gupta and Additional Commissioner of Police of the area and submit a detailed report on Feb 27.
- Court orders Lotika Sarkar's house to be sealed - Oct 30, 2009
- Lotika Sarkar to get back her house: court - Nov 26, 2009
- Lotika Sarkar to get her house back: Court (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Delhi Police official to probe cop's front-rolls - Feb 08, 2012
- Farmer leader Tewatia arrested in Delhi after chase (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Now, Parrikar accuses Chidambaram of 'dadagiri' in postings - Jul 06, 2012
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- Farmer leader Tewatia arrested in south Delhi - Jul 09, 2011
- Farmer leader Manveer Tewatia arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Suspected Hizb militant arrested from capital - Nov 15, 2010
- Hizbul commander arrested from Delhi (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- 41 IPS officers reshuffled in Maharashtra - May 23, 2011
- Samjawadi Party legislator arrested in minister attack case - Feb 08, 2011
- Police to match explosive samples with Georgia, Bangkok bombs - Feb 14, 2012
- Police to act against erring officers in Ramdev case - Feb 23, 2012