Investors have faith in Madhya Pradesh: ChouhanAugust 25th, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 25 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said investors have faith in the state as it is devoid of “political narrow-mindedness” and people here are united in the name of development. Addressing the swearing-in ceremony of new office-bearers of the Bhopal Chamber of Commerce and Industries (BCCI) here Monday, Chouhan said Madhya Pradesh has huge investment potential.
He said the success of last month’s Gwalior Investors Meet proved that investors have faith in the state.
Administering oath of office to the new executives, Chouhan said the government would soon allot land for the office of BCCI.
He expressed confidence that the new executives would play an important role in expanding the process of trade and industries’ development.
Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Suresh Pachauri said political affiliations should not impede the process of development.
Trade and industry sector has played a major role in making India an economic power house, he added.
The new office bearers include Kailash Chandra Agrawal (president), Narendra Singhal and Ajay Sogani (vice-presidents), Deepak Lalchandani (general secretary), Shyambabu Agrawal and Shivmohan Agrawal (treasurers) and Ajit Bafna and Vinod Jain (secretaries).
The new executive committee members include Sarvarejpal Singh Bali, Lalit Tated, Rajesh Tated, Sunil Kumar Singhai, Rambabu Sharma, Akhilendra Jain, Shriram Renwal Bansal and Krishnakant Bangar.
- Chouhan to hold roadshow in China to woo investors - Sep 11, 2011
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop, Congress calls bandh (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop - Mar 13, 2012
- Shivraj Chouhan flip-flop on railway budget - Mar 14, 2012
- Chouhan gifts Bhopal a stadium on India's win - Mar 31, 2011
- Group of ministers to consider farmers' issue - Feb 22, 2011
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- NRIs unhappy with Chouhan's absence from diaspora event - Jan 12, 2012
- Chouhan wants panel to assess pollution around Union Carbide - Jan 05, 2012
- New Madhya Pradesh governor sworn-in - Sep 08, 2011
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Two women rewarded, 2,000 jailed on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- World Bank aid to Madhya Pradesh for improving higher education - Nov 04, 2011
- Indore man killed for Rs.600 - Feb 26, 2012
- Chouhan writes to PM against national anti-terror hub - Feb 18, 2012