Interim budget fails cheer markets (Third Lead)February 16th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) Indian equities closed in the red Monday as the interim budget presented by the government failed to offer any sops to investors. A key index ended 3.42 percent lower than its previous close.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange closed at 9,305.45 points, down 3.42 percent or 329.29 points.
The BSE midcap index was down 2.93 percent, while the BSE smallcap ended 2.1 percent lower.
The broader-based S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,848.5 points, 3.39 percent lower than its last close.
- Markets slump on insipid interim budget (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2009
- Bears rule the roost, Sensex ends below 9,000 (Weekly Market Review) - Feb 21, 2009
- Sensex closes below 20,000 points, ends on flat (Second Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Markets slip at opening bell - Feb 17, 2009
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex cuts losses, closes 298 points lower (Third Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Sensex recovers a bit, but closes 291 points down (Third Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Sensex rises 305 points during week (Weekly market review) - Jan 14, 2012
- FII inflows help Sensex close 89 points higher (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2010
- Sensex sinks over 600 points on Korean hostilities, recovers (Second Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Sensex closes 41 points lower, oil and gas, IT stocks down (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex cuts losses, closes 266 points lower (Roundup) - Nov 23, 2010
- Sensex closes 205 points lower (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Sensex closes 149 points lower (Second Lead) - Oct 12, 2010
- Sensex soars past 18,000, closes 335 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012