Interim budget failed to address meltdown issues: Bengal ministerFebruary 16th, 2009 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 16 (IANS) The interim budget presented by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee did not address the problem of rising unemployment in the country due to global economic crisis, West Bengal Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said here Monday.
“The budget failed to address consequences related to global economic crisis,” he told reporters at the Writers Buildings - the state secretariat.
He said the central government need to “seriously” review the economic policies formulated by it.
Though the government has declared its plans for National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, irrigation and other rural development schemes, that could not address the problems faced by the state governments on these accounts, he added.
“We know there are certain limitations of the interim budget. We hope all these problems will be addressed properly when the full budget is done after elections,” Dasgupta said. “We hope the main budget will be done more democratically.”
- Budget gets praise, some flak from Bengal government - Feb 28, 2011
- 11 districts drought-hit, no food crisis: West Bengal (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- In stormy times, opposition, SP slam budget (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Mamata government giving misleading information: Dasgupta - Mar 24, 2012
- West Bengal announces Rs.250-cr urban job scheme - Mar 22, 2010
- In stormy times, opposition slams budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Mamata says FDI decision on hold; government mum - Dec 03, 2011
- Inflation will slow by March, says Pranab; opposition flays claim (Roundup) - Nov 22, 2011
- Budget 2012-13 misses big picture: Yashwant Sinha - Mar 16, 2012
- Pranab lowers 2011-12 growth projection to 7.5 percent - Dec 02, 2011
- Food security bill near ready, hike in social sector spending - Feb 28, 2011
- 11 West Bengal districts identified as drought-hit - Aug 16, 2010
- West Bengal calls for centre-state cooperation on black money - Feb 28, 2011
- Wage disparity linked to rural jobs to go: Ramesh - Apr 26, 2012
- Fiscal deficit to exceed budget estimate, says Pranab - Jan 06, 2012