Inter-state gang of vehicle thieves busted, three heldApril 5th, 2011 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Patiala, April 5 (IANS) An inter-state gang of vehicle thieves has been busted with the arrest of three people in this Punjab town.
Police also recovered three cars and several fake stamps of district transport officers from the possession of the accused late Monday.
“The gang was operating in Punjab and Haryana for the last many months. However the kingpin of the gang, who was engaged in the preparation of the fake documents, is still at large,” Patiala Superintendent of Police (Detective) Harbhajan Singh said.
“They used to steal cars from different parts of Punjab and then sell them to gullible customers in Haryana by making forged documents. Our investigation is on and we are hoping to recover more vehicles in the coming days,” he added.
According to the police, the accused were identified as Mahinder Singh, Subeg Singh and Sunil Kumar — all residents of Karnal town in Haryana.
- Police official among three nabbed for car lifting - Jan 02, 2011
- Gang of car thieves nabbed in Punjab - Dec 12, 2010
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted, 4 held - Feb 06, 2011
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- 51 stolen luxury cars recovered, nine held in Punjab - Jul 14, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Haryana police bust inter-state robbers gang - May 16, 2010
- Cricketer Harbhajan Singh robbed in Haryana - Dec 12, 2011
- Eight held for stealing vehicles in Punjab - Sep 09, 2010
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Boxing champion among gang caught with arms in Punjab - Jan 18, 2012
- Gang of auto thieves busted in Punjab, three held - Oct 23, 2010
- Four vehicle thieves held in Haryana - Aug 24, 2010
- Two fake degree rackets busted in Punjab - Jul 25, 2010