Inter-state gang of robbers busted in ChandigarhJuly 24th, 2008 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 24 (IANS) The crime branch of the Chandigarh police Thursday claimed to have busted an inter-state gang of robbers involved in as many as 70 cases of chain snatching and robberies with the arrest of three people. “We arrested Nadeem Mohammed, Vicky and Sanjay in the early hours of Thursday from the jungle area near Durga nursery in Mani Majra town. Three of them managed to escape during a scuffle with the police,” said S.S. Srivastava, senior superintendent of police, Chandigarh.
The six-member gang operated in Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
“We are expecting to solve more than 70 cases of snatchings and robberies in Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana after these arrests. They were active in this region for the last one year. Working girls and aged women were their main targets. All of them are expert drivers and used stolen bikes while committing a crime,” Srivastava said.
A rifle of .315 bore, two live cartridges, two sharp-edged weapons, six gold chains and 17 mobile phones have been recovered from them.
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Inter-state gang of robbers busted - Jan 15, 2010
- Punjab Police bust inter-state gang, 7 held - Apr 21, 2010
- Punjab Police arrest nine robbers - Jun 24, 2011
- Punjab Police bust gang of bank robbers, arrest six - Oct 12, 2009
- Two human-traffickers held, 14 kids rescued - Jun 26, 2011
- Illegal arms racket busted, 15 held - May 02, 2011
- Gang selling pirating movie, music CDs busted - Jun 26, 2012
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Inter-state gang of vehicle lifters busted, two held - Jul 11, 2010
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted, 4 held - Feb 06, 2011
- Gang of auto thieves busted in Punjab, three held - Oct 23, 2010
- Three contract killers held in Delhi - Mar 09, 2011
- Chandigarh police bust gang of inter-state highway robbers - Jun 30, 2009