Intelligence official shot dead in PakistanMarch 2nd, 2012 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 2 (IANS) An intelligence official was gunned down Friday in Pakistan’s Peshawar city. His 13-year-old son, who was riding pillion, was injured in the attack, police said.
Gunmen opened fire at Bashir Khan, an Intelligence Bureau inspector who was on his way to work on his motorcycle, reported Geo News.
His 13-year-old son was injured in the ambush carried out by gunmen who too were riding a motorbike, police said.
Khan, 38, died at the spot.
The shooting took place in the outskirts of Peshawar.
Pakistan is battling militants, who have viciously struck back.
On Feb 24, three policemen were killed and six injured when three heavily armed suicide attackers went on a shooting spree and hurled grenades at a police station in Peshawar. Hours later, a suspected terrorist was injured while planting a bomb.
The brazen attack was carried out a day after a deadly car bomb killed over a dozen people and injured more than 20 in the city.
- Five die in Peshawar blast (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- 13 killed in blast at Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- 18 killed in Pakistani bus ambush (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Three cops, 3 rebels killed in Peshawar suicide attack (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Three killed in suicide attack at Pakistan police station (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Two killed in attack on Pakistan police station - Feb 24, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Two killed carrying policemen's salaries in Balochistan - Aug 16, 2012
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- Pakistani security personnel attacked near 'Osama town' - Feb 23, 2012
- 15 Taliban killed in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Four policemen injured in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Al Qaeda abducts Yemeni intelligence officer - Mar 22, 2012
- Suicide bomber attacks Pakistan police station - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: attack police, bashir, brazen attack, car bomb, deadly car, geo news, grenades, gunmen opened fire, intelligence bureau, intelligence official, militants, motorbike, outskirts, pakistan islamabad, peshawar city, peshawar pakistan, police station, policemen, shooting spree, suicide attackers