Intel signs pact for educational excellence in northeastJune 21st, 2010 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) Tech major Intel Monday signed a pact for educational and technology excellence in northeast India with a governmental panel that looks after the economic and social development of the region.
As per the memorandum of understand (MoU) signed with the North Eastern Council (NEC), the technology company will work on training selected teachers in each of the eight northeastern states.
“This is to create onsite sustainable resources to help classroom teachers develop student centered learning,” an Intel statement said.
President Intel India Praveen Vishakantaiah told IANS that the region had tremendous potential for technology.
“There is a tremendous potential for technology to transform lives in northeast India. We believe that education is the enabler and connectivity is the key driver for this transformation,” he said.
He said the Intel had come up with various initiatives to integrate technology in teaching and learning process, ensuring inclusive growth and development of human resource “which is most promising development asset of the northeast (region)”.
In India, Intel Education has trained over 12.5 lakh teachers.
- Intel India unveils plan to groom innovators - Feb 29, 2012
- Assam, Microsoft in learning enhancement pact - Jun 13, 2012
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- Adopt technology for growth in education : Intel India chief - Sep 27, 2010
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Switzerland to cooperate in local governance - Dec 12, 2011
- NSD, Polish drama academy ink agreement (With Image) - Jan 09, 2012
- IGNOU to train Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers - Mar 14, 2011
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resources - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- India, Myanmar ink a dozen agreements (Lead) - May 28, 2012
Tags: classroom teachers, economic and social development, educational excellence, enabler, growth and development, human resource, intel education, intel india, intel signs, june 21, memorandum, New Delhi, northeast india, northeastern states, pact, praveen, promising development, sustainable resources, technology company, technology excellence