Integration of UK’s Axon with Infosys to be considered after acquisitionAugust 27th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 27 (IANS) IT bellwether Infosys Technologies Wednesday said the process of integrating the UK-based Axon Group with itself would be considered only after the completion of acquisition. “The issue of integrating Axon with Infosys will be considered once we complete the acquisition. Further, the decision to hive off our consultancy business in favour of Axon or other structure will be taken once Infosys gets near total control of Axon,” Infosys chief executive officer and managing director S. Gopalakrishnan told reporters.
According to him, the operating profit margin from the consultancy business will go up after the acquisition.
“We are one of the companies that gives out guidance numbers. Our philosophy is to get good margins in all our business,” Gopalakrishnan said.
At present, Infosys has a profit margin of around 30 percent whereas the British company’s margin is around 15 percent.
He denied reports about counter-offers for Axon and said Infosys has the backing of Axon’s management for acquisition.
Gopalakrishnan added that he did not foresee any backtracking by either side on this issue.
The Bangalore-based Infosys Monday announced its decision to acquire Axon for 407 million pounds ($753 million).
According to Gopalakrishnan, the acquisition would complement Infosys and would not contradict its existing consulting business in Europe.
“The overlap between customers and industry segments are minimal. We see it as an opportunity to cross sell,” he said.
- Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for Axon - Oct 03, 2008
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- Infosys acquires UK SAP consulting firm for $753 million (Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Infosys acquires software business of New Zealand firm - Jun 08, 2011
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys announces its plans to acquire Axon Group plc; offer of 407.1 million pound - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys' whistleblower Palmer to be benched - Aug 21, 2012
- Work on Infosys' Rajarhat centre to start in six months - Dec 06, 2010
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Axon shares jump after Infosys offer; counterbid predicted - Aug 26, 2008
- Double-digit growth turning point for IT industry: Infosys - Oct 15, 2010
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Axon buyout will protect Infosys from US slowdown: CEO - Aug 27, 2008
- Weak rupee benefits Infosys despite uncertainty - Oct 12, 2011