Inquiry team set up on Tamil Nadu accidentSeptember 14th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 14 (IANS) The Southern Railway has announced setting up of an inquiry team to probe the Tuesday night’s Tamil Nadu train accident which has claimed 10 lives.
The Chennai Beach-Vellore electric multiple unit (EMU) train hit the Arakkonam-Katpadi passenger train, which was waiting for a signal at the Chitheri station around 9.30 p.m. Tuesday.
Five bogies of the stationary train and three of the EMU were derailed near Arakkonam, about 85 km from here. At least 86 people were injured.
S.K. Mittal, Commissioner of Railway Safety (Southern Circle), Bangalore, will hold the statutory inquiry Sep 16-17 in Chennai, the Southern Railway said in a statement.
The Southern Railway has invited the general public to provide clues to the accident at the Southern Railway Office, Chennai Division, or fax their information to 080-22260650.
- Indian Railways working on system to check collisions - Sep 14, 2011
- Human error caused Tamil Nadu train accident - Sep 14, 2011
- 10 die in Tamil Nadu train collision, survivors recount trauma - Sep 14, 2011
- Driver error caused train mishap, probe ordered (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2011
- Seven killed, 85 injured in Tamil Nadu train accident - Sep 14, 2011
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Train accident derails services - Sep 14, 2011
- Casualties not ascertained yet: Trivedi - Sep 14, 2011
- Seven dead in Tamil Nadu accident: Railway Board chief - Sep 14, 2011
- 15 killed in Tamil Nadu train collision: Police - Sep 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu gets new trains; bio-diesel, windmill plants (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Railways pulled up over delay in safety steps - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,