INLD women activists protest water scarcity in HaryanaJuly 22nd, 2008 - 12:36 am ICT by IANS
Sirsa (Haryana), July 21 (IANS) Thousands of women activists of the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) here staged a unique march, with empty earthen pitchers in hands, to protest the scarcity of water, electricity outages and the deteriorating law and order situation in Haryana. “Water-electricity crisis is worsening in all parts of the state, including Sirsa district. Law and order situation has also gone out of control,” said Abhey Chautala, senior INLD leader.
He said that if the administration does not act in time, INLD workers would intensify the agitation.
INLD leader Kanta Chautala led the unique three-km long protest march.
The women activists moved to the mini secretariat from local grain market along with empty ‘matkas’ (pitchers). The women raised slogans against the Haryana government and submitted a memorandum to Deputy Commissioner V. Uma Shankar.
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- Foggy start to voting in Haryana's Ellenabad by-poll - Jan 20, 2010
- Hooda government selling state to land mafia: INLD - Aug 30, 2012
- Haryana home minister attacked by opposition activists - Apr 04, 2010
- Abhey Chautala wins Haryana's Ellenabad seat - Jan 23, 2010
- Suspended INLD lawmakers hold 'parallel' session - Aug 24, 2011
- Nuclear power or not? Leaders fight it out (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Haryana ministers blame INLD for Jat violence - Sep 16, 2010
- Heavy polling in Haryana's Ellenabad bypoll (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Over 89 percent turnout in Haryana by-poll (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- 'Hooda falsely implicated me to grab power' - Jun 01, 2012
- Ajay Chautala to contest from Dabwali in Haryana polls - Sep 22, 2009
- Haryana governor urged to dismiss home minister - Apr 10, 2010
- Lok Dal practising politics of regionalism: Hooda - Apr 04, 2010