Injury woes may delay Australian squad’s namingNovember 24th, 2011 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Nov 24 (IANS) Injury woes of the Australian team may force the selectors to delay naming the squad for the home series against New Zealand starting next week.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported that the squad could be announced Sunday - the day the team flies into Brisbane ahead of the first Test starting December 1.
Teen bowling sensation Pat Cummins, who replaced the injured Ryan Harris, now has become the latest casualty. Cummins is nursing a heel injury after a memorable debut against South Africa in the second Test at Johannesburg.
Shane Watson and Shaun Marsh are also injured.
- World T20: Australia axe Pattinson from preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Dan Christian gets Australia call-up for second Test - Dec 05, 2011
- Harris returns to Australia Test squad - Dec 30, 2011
- Rotation policy helping Test team: Cricket Australia - Jan 08, 2012
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Cummins has an uncanny similarity to Steyn: Arthur - Nov 22, 2011
- Lawson criticises CA's selection policy - Nov 28, 2011
- Australia picks Cummins for South Africa Test tour - Oct 17, 2011
- Clarke backs out-of-form trio - Nov 23, 2011
- Australia field four debutants against New Zealand - Nov 26, 2011
- Australia's teen bowling sensation Cummins doubtful for India series - Dec 07, 2011
- Injured Ryan Harris to return to Australia - Nov 17, 2011
- After Ponting-Clarke century stand, Johnson-Cummins bowl Australia to victory - Oct 20, 2011
- Australia recall Hilfenhaus, Cowan set for Test debut against India - Dec 21, 2011
- Clarke wants teammates to prioritise country over IPL - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: bowling, brisbane, casualty, cummins, first test, injury woes, johannesburg, marsh, melbourne, memorable debut, morning herald, new zealand, ryan harris, second test, selectors, sensation, shane watson, south africa, sydney morning herald