Injured robbers part of interstate gang, says Delhi PoliceJanuary 20th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) The four robbers injured in the daylight shootout with the Delhi Police Monday at a busy south Delhi market are members of an interstate gang, the police said Tuesday.“The gang was involved in several cases of robbery in Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal told reporters here.
“They had robbed a family at Kota in Rajasthan of cash and jewellery worth Rs.8 million. They also looted several jewellers in Sahibabad area in Uttar Pradesh,” Dhaliwal said.
“The police were keeping an eye on the gang’s movements for some time. The gang had two modules which used to work both jointly and separately,” Dhaliwal added.
“We recovered 10 mobiles from the accused as well as imported firearms,” he added.
The four accused, Satya Prakash, Shakeel, Sonu and Nadir were injured in the shootout with the Delhi Police and taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The gang was planning to loot a bank in the Green Park area, the police said.
- Interstate robbers got directions from jailed masterminds: police (Lead) - Jan 20, 2009
- Injured robbers were targeting banks, jewellers: Police - Jan 20, 2009
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Daylight shootout in capital; four bank robbers injured (Second Lead) - Jan 19, 2009
- Daylight shootout in Delhi; four bank robbers injured (Third Lead) - Jan 19, 2009
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- 18 Delhi Police officials named for President's medals - Jan 25, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Jailed 'drug lord' wants to make movie with Salman - Feb 10, 2009
- Gang of robbers who had injured constable held - Sep 07, 2009
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- Rs.100 mn robbery in Chandigarh jewellery store (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- Punjab Police arrest nine robbers - Jun 24, 2011