Injured Ramdev follower remains criticalJuly 14th, 2011 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) Raj Bala, who was severely injured in the police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev last month, continues to be serious, her doctors said Thursday.
The status report released Thursday by G.B. Pant Hospital medical superintendent N. Shashi Gururaja said: “Patient is conscious and obeying verbal commands and she continues to be on ventilatory support and her condition is very critical.”
A resident of Gurgaon, Bala, 51, underwent surgery June 5 for cervical spinal injuries.
She has been in the intensive care unit of the G.B. Pant Hospital here, bedridden for over a month now.
According to doctors, Bala is still quadriplegic (paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human).
“Her vital parameters are being maintained with increased pharmacological support. Surgery was done, decompression and fixation using plate, screw and cage,” the statement added.
Police clamped down at Ramlila Ground here on the night of June 4-5 where Ramdev along with his supporters was holding a campaign against corruption.
- Woman injured during Ramdev crackdown 'very critical' - Jun 11, 2011
- Woman injured in Ramdev crackdown 'very critical' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Woman injured in Ramdev crackdown remains critical - Jun 12, 2011
- Injured Ramdev follower's condition critical - Jun 10, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila ground still 'very critical' - Jun 27, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila ground very critical - Jun 14, 2011
- Condition of woman injured at Ramlila ground unchanged - Jun 20, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila Ground still very critical - Jun 16, 2011
- Injured Ramdev follower still critical - Jun 15, 2011
- Beaten at Ramdev meet, Gurgaon woman struggles to live - Jun 06, 2011
- Delhi government offers support to Ramdev crackdown victim - Jun 07, 2011
- Police deny blame for Ramdev supporter's death - Sep 26, 2011
- Four months on, woman crippled at Ramdev fast dies - Sep 26, 2011
- Ramdev supporter cremated in Haryana village - Sep 27, 2011
- If I've black money, make it national property: Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: bala, corruption, decompression, fixation, follower, gurgaon, hospital medical, intensive care unit, july 14, medical superintendent, New Delhi, pant, paralysis, police crackdown, raj, shashi, spinal injuries, verbal commands, vital parameters, yoga guru