Injured Olic’s Euro 2012 in doubtJune 4th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Zagreb, June 4 (IANS) Croatian striker Ivica Olic may miss the Euro 2012 after he injured his right thigh in a friendly against Norway, the team doctor confirmed.
“I cannot guarantee that Olic will play at the Euros,” Croatia squad doctor Zoran Bahtijarevic said Sunday.
The 32-year-old Bayern Munich striker picked up the injury during Saturday’s friendly against Norway in Oslo, which ended in a 1-1 draw, reported Xinhua.
“We did the first medical exam at the stadium in Oslo to check the flexibility of the muscle. It seemed fine, but he will undergo a complete scan on Monday in Munich,” the doctor said.
“I’m optimist. So far the medical evidence suggests he could (play at the Euro), but let’s wait until the scan,” he added.
Croatia are drawn in Group C with reigning champions Spain, Italy and Ireland.
- Croatia dark horses of Euro 2012 - Jun 03, 2012
- Bayern Munich signs Wolfsburg striker Mandzukic - Jun 28, 2012
- Bayern lose top position to Dortmund in German Bundesliga - Feb 05, 2012
- Rooney's injury may not be bad enough to keep him out of WC - Mar 31, 2010
- Croatian soccer officials detained for match-fixing - Dec 10, 2011
- Kranjcar to leave Spurs for Dynamo Kiev - Jun 06, 2012
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Euro 2012 Group C Preview: Ireland may decide who survive - Jun 05, 2012
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Walters happy for Ireland to win anyhow against Spain - Jun 14, 2012
- India signs pacts with Croatia on healthcare, cultural exchange - Jun 10, 2010
- England has a World Cup nightmare as Rooney injured in Champions League clash - Mar 31, 2010
- Man U wants Berbatov to fill void left by Rooney - Apr 01, 2010
- Two killed in Croatian plane crash - May 17, 2012
- Chelsea get tricky draw; Madrid, City in group of death - Aug 31, 2012