Injured Darren Bravo out of tour, returning homeJune 19th, 2012 - 1:28 am ICT by IANS
London, June 18 (IANS/CMC) Injury has ruled West Indies batsman Darren Bravo out of the remainder of the England tour.
The stylish left-handed batsman picked up a groin injury during the first One-Day International Saturday and has failed to recover. He returns home, reports Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
Injury worries remain over all-rounder Andre Russell who will have a scans on his injured shoulder to determine the extent of the injury.
Opener Chris Gayle, who missed the opening ODI because of a left leg injury, is also due for a scan but is expected to be available for Tuesday’s second ODI.
West Indies have had been riddled with injury on tour with fast bowlers Shannon Gabriel and Kemar Roach already forced to return home prematurely.
- Windies sweating on Bravo, Russell for second ODI - Jun 18, 2012
- No Bravo for warm-up match against Black Caps - Jul 15, 2012
- Pacer Gabriel in West Indies squad for England - Apr 28, 2012
- WICB refuses contracts to Gayle, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard - Oct 05, 2011
- Deonarine named in Windies squad for first Test - Apr 05, 2012
- Chanderpaul doubtful for Birmingham Test - Jun 08, 2012
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- Edwards out, Ramdin returns as Windies vice captain - Jul 23, 2012
- Ramdin jumps 20 spots amidst controversy - Jun 13, 2012
- Gibson says Roach loss a huge blow but looks to Best, Edwards - May 31, 2012
- Barath returns to Windies squad for final ODIs - Mar 22, 2012
- Chanderpaul defying England in Lord's Test - May 20, 2012
- Brathwaite sole newcomer in Windies squad for Bangladesh - Sep 22, 2011
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: batsman, caribbean media, chris gayle, england tour, extent, groin injury, home london, injury worries, kemar, left leg, leg injury, odi, remainder, returning home, roach, rounder, shannon, west indies