Injured Clarke doubtful for Mohali TestOctober 15th, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Oct 15 (IANS) Doubts loomed over the availability of Australian pace bowler Stuart Clarke for the second Test starting Friday as he is suffering from an inflamed elbow joint.Clarke, who bowled restricted spells in the Bangalore Test, was rested from the Australian team’s training Wednesday and will be given an extra day to recover for the match.
“He’s not going to bowl at training tomorrow, just so we can maximise his recovery and give him the best chance to be able to play Friday,” team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said Wednesday.
“We’ll see how he pulls up and if he feels ok we will play him.”
If Clarke sits out, uncapped Victorian paceman Peter Siddle, who took 2-64 in the Hyderabad tour match, should be a possible replacement. The other back-up the visitors have is in quick left-armer Doug Bollinger, who is yet to make his debut.
- Lee's Test hopes will hinge on first class performance: Ponting - Nov 11, 2009
- Bollinger and Siddle to fight for final pacer slot in Oz team for Ashes opener - Nov 04, 2010
- Hilfenhaus, Siddle cleared to play in Durban Test - Mar 06, 2009
- Injury free Bollinger ready to fight for Ashes spot - Oct 28, 2010
- WC 2011: Siddle the ideal choice to replace injured Bollinger, says Clark - Mar 05, 2011
- Sending George to make debut in India is like 'not giving him a chance': McGill - Oct 12, 2010
- Ashes: Siddle helps Australia bundle out England for 260 in Brisbane Test - Nov 25, 2010
- Oz media blasts MacGill for targeting George, selectors - Oct 13, 2010
- Johnson dropped from Australian XI for second Ashes Test? - Dec 01, 2010
- Hughes makes a comeback for Pakistan series - Dec 21, 2009
- Ryan Harris declared fit to play Perth Test - Dec 09, 2010
- Oz 'hat-trick hero' Siddle upheld legends' die-hard' Ashes tradition: Roebuck - Nov 26, 2010
- Australian bowling stocks receive lukewarm praise before first ODI against England - Jun 21, 2010
- Uncapped Doherty, Smith in Oz squad in place of Hauritz for first Ashes Test - Nov 20, 2010
- Siddle's six-wicket haul decimates England on day one of Ashes opener - Nov 25, 2010