Infosys techie robbed, suffocated to death in BangaloreMarch 2nd, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 2 (IANS) Umesh Krishnan, a 27-year techie employed with IT bellwether Infosys Technologies, was robbed and suffocated to death early Monday by a gang of four suspected dacoits at his house in the city’s eastern suburb, the police said.
“The incident happened in the wee hours when Krishnan was attacked by the gang, which barged into his house and gagged his mouth and nose with cello tape,” city joint commissioner Alok Kumar told IANS.
“Assaulting his wife Annie Mary, the gang escaped after robbing the duo of their gold jewellery and three mobiles valued at Rs.80,000. The gang also took away Rs.3,000 in cash,” Kumar said.
The police have registered a case under section 302, 394 and 34 IPC (Indian Penal Code) against the dacoits who are still at large. A massive hunt has been launched to trap the accused.
“As Mary was also gagged and her hands and legs tied, Krishnan suffocated to death even before they could alert neighbours or seek help from passersby,” Kumar said.
The latest robbery and killing comes close on the heels of a series of murders of elderly and younger couples in the IT hub over the last two months.
“Though Krishnan was employed with Infosys’ business process outsourcing (BPO) subsidiary, he was on deputation to Cisco development centre in the city,” Kumar added.
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Robbers beaten up in Karachi - Mar 18, 2012
- Techie returns from US to commit suicide - Sep 03, 2012
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- Teenagers take on dacoit, 'Sholay' style - Mar 28, 2010
- Wife of Infosys employee found murdered in Bangalore - Aug 10, 2010
- Infosys loses more techies than it hired in Q3 - Jan 13, 2011
- Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
- Dacoit gang busted, five arrested - Feb 21, 2011
- Three school student held for murder - Mar 15, 2011
- Shutdown hits life in India's bustling tech hub - Jul 05, 2010
- Call girl gang is an isolated case: Delhi Police - Oct 22, 2010
- Two held for murder in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Pakistan jewellery shop robbed - Feb 19, 2012
- Maharashtra cop battles four dacoits, kills two - Jun 23, 2012