Inflation rate falls further to 6.84 percentDecember 18th, 2008 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation dropped further to 6.84 percent for the week ended Dec 6 from 8 percent the week before, government data showed Thursday.The sharp drop was triggered largely by the drop in petrol and diesel prices, analysts said.
The inflation rate was 3.84 percent during the corresponding week last year.
The official wholesale price index (WPI) for all commodities during the week declined by 1.1 percent to 231.1 points from 233.6 points the week before.
Data on wholesale prices released by the commerce and industry ministry showed that the index for primary articles declined 0.4 percent to 249 points, from 249.9 points the previous week.
The index for food articles declined by 0.5 percent while that of non-food articles rose marginally to 234.6 points (provisional) from 234.4 points (provisional) during the week under review.
The index for fuels and lubricants also declined by 3.7 percent to 332.1 points (provisional) from 345 (provisional) the previous week.
The index for the manufacturing sector declined by 0.3 percent to 202.4 points (provisional) from 203.1 (provisional) for the previous week.
- Inflation drops further to 6.84 percent (Lead) - Dec 18, 2008
- India's inflation drops further to 8 percent - Dec 11, 2008
- Inflation dips further, drops to 6.61 percent - Dec 26, 2008
- India's food inflation rises for second week - Dec 16, 2010
- Food inflation falls to 39-month low of 6.6 percent - Dec 08, 2011
- Food inflation remains in negative - Jan 19, 2012
- Food inflation dips to six-year low, relief for consumer (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Food inflation dips to 0.42 percent; WPI may fall to 6 percent: Pranab (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Food inflation continues in the negative - Jan 12, 2012
- Food inflation falls to 7.33 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- Food inflation slips marginally, still above comfort level - Oct 13, 2011
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Food inflation drops for the second week - Jul 07, 2011
- Inflation rate drops, now to 6.61 percent (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2008
- Inflation rises to 8.62 percent in September - Oct 15, 2010