Infiltration into Kashmir fallsAugust 10th, 2011 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) Fifty-two terrorists tried to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan till June this year, down from 489 in the whole of 2010, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Wednesday.
The minister told the Rajya Sabha that the army killed two terrorists trying to breach the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir “till date in 2011″. Last year, the army killed 38 terrorists, he added.
The LoC divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan, which control parts of the region.
- Pakistani caught while crossing LoC - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate LoC five times - Aug 10, 2011
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- Infiltration into Kashmir down in last five years - Aug 22, 2012
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Army steps up vigil along LoC - May 20, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- No infiltration from across LoC this year: Indian Army - Jul 16, 2011
- ISI has reactivated terror camps in Pakistani Kashmir: India - Aug 09, 2011
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan helping terrorists to sneak into India: army chief (Lead) - Sep 04, 2009
- More infiltration from Pakistan expected: Antony - May 29, 2010
- Six terrorists killed on Kashmir border - May 12, 2012
- Two terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 14, 2010