Infant falls into pit in Gurgaon, rescued (Lead)July 1st, 2012 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 1 (IANS) A two-and-half-year-old boy named Sachin, who Sunday evening fell into a deep pit in Gurgaon, has been rescued by the authorities, officials said.
Sachin fell into the pit dug by the electricity department in Carterpuri in the Palam Vihar area here. Authorities dug a pit parallel to the one in which Sachin fell and rescued him. Earlier reports said the boy fell into a well.
The boy was immediately rushed to the civil hospital in Gurgaon.
Deputy Commissioner of Gurgaon P.C. Meena told IANS, “The boy is safe and has not recieved any injuries.”
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Abandoned pit: Gurgaon contractor gets notice - Jul 10, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Boy rescued safely from borewell in Maharashtra (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Reward for information on abandoned borewells, pits in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Constable rescues three kids from pit in Delhi - Apr 14, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Rescue operation on to save kid stuck in Warangal borewell - Jan 18, 2010
- Hooka bars again banned in Gurgaon - Jul 06, 2012
- Two-year-old toddler falls into borewell in Andhra - Jan 18, 2010
- Woman victim of land fraud consumes poison - Apr 24, 2012