Infant critical after falling off mall’s escalatorJuly 4th, 2012 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 4 (IANS) In a freak incident here, an infant girl was critically wounded after she fell from the arms of her father as he tripped off an escalator of a city mall, police said Wednesday.
The accident took place at the Phoenix Mall late Tuesday when Manoj Kumar, working for a private telecom company, had come for an outing at the mall with his wife, the infant daughter and sister-in-law.
When the trio were using the escalator to move down from the second floor to the first, the father tripped and his daughter slipped from his hands.
The girl landed with a loud bang on the floor and started bleeding profusely.
She was taken to the trauma centre, where doctors treating her said she was “very critical”.
Doctors say the infant has sustained serious injuries to the skull and is being kept in the intensive care unit in a bid to save the child.
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Man commits suicide after killing wife, sister-in-law - Jun 14, 2011
- Boy found semi-nude in girl's room lynched - Jul 19, 2010
- Falak on ventilator again; Main accused, woman arrested (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Railway employee held for raping minor - Jul 28, 2010
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Colombian girl world's youngest mother? - Apr 05, 2012
- Girl survives window lightning strike - May 13, 2011
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011
- Baby Falak back on ventilator, still critical: Doctor - Feb 12, 2012
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still critical - Feb 13, 2012
- Woman lawyer murdered in Karnataka High Court (Lead) - Jul 08, 2010
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011