Infant charged with ‘breach of peace’ by police in BiharFebruary 27th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 27 (IANS) A court in Bihar’s Muzzaffarpur district has served a show cause notice to a police official who filed a chargesheet against an 18-month-old boy for allegedly insulting someone with the intention of breaching peace.
Muzaffarpur Judicial Magistrate T.K. Sinha Wednesday refused to hear the chargesheet filed against the infant, called Jawed, and directed the superintendent of police to take action against the concerned policeman.
Police officials said Jawed, who belongs to Babhangama village in Muzaffarpur district, about 70 km from here, was named along with four others in a complaint filed by Juhi Begum of the same village.
On the basis of the complaint, a police official of Aurai police station carried out an investigation and last week filed a chargesheet against all the five accused under Section 504 of the Indian Penal Code, which deals with causing intentional insult with the intent to provoke breach of peace.
Superintendent of Police Sudhansu Kumar said that departmental proceedings will soon start against the police official who filed the chargesheet.
Nearly two years ago, a Patna court was shocked to hear the case of five-year-old Raj Kumar, who was charged with not only assaulting a woman but also attempting to molest her. The court quashed the case.
- FIR lodged against IPS officer in UP - Mar 04, 2012
- Case against Digvijay for calling Ramdev 'thug' - Jun 06, 2011
- Case against Hazare for insult to tricolour - Aug 18, 2011
- Delhi Police file sedition case against Arundhati, Geelani - Nov 29, 2010
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Case against Facebook for hosting 'I hate Gandhi' group - Jan 25, 2011
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Bihar court seeks arrest of 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Sep 15, 2011
- Salman Khan booked for assaulting activist - Nov 30, 2011
- Bihar magistrate's court issues arrest warrant against MNS chief Raj Thackeray - Oct 06, 2009
- Agitation if cases against Congress leaders not withdrawn: Jaiswal - Nov 18, 2011
- Flood situation grim in Bihar - Sep 27, 2011
- Bihar legislator murder: Court grants bail to editor - Apr 28, 2011
- Book Srikrishna committee members: Court to police - Apr 15, 2011
- BJP parliamentarian booked in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 06, 2011