Infant and man killed in Jammu village blast (Lead)November 26th, 2010 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 26 (IANS) An infant and a man were killed while six members of the family were critically injured in an explosion in a village in Jammu district Friday, police said.
According to the police, there was an explosion around 8.30 a.m. in the house of Harbans Singh in Kotli Charak village in Bishnah area, about 30 km west of Jammu.
The police said the nature of the blast was yet to be ascertained.
“It is not yet known whether the explosion was caused by a gas cylinder or there were some explosives in the house,” a police official told IANS.
While a six-month-old died on the spot, 45-year-old Kulbir Singh succumbed to his injuries while being brought to Jammu for treatment.
All the injured have been brought to the Government Medical College Hospital here and their condition is stated to be “very critical”. Two among the injured are women.
- Infant killed in Jammu village blast - Nov 26, 2010
- Two killed, several injured in Jammu blast - Nov 26, 2010
- 20 dead, nearly 200 wounded in Kabul fire - Jul 05, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- Two wounded in Jammu scrap shop blast - Jul 31, 2012
- Injured tourist succumbs, death toll is four - Aug 01, 2012
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Toddler drowns in bucket - Apr 27, 2011
- South Korean national dies in explosion on ship (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- BSP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 28, 2011
- NHRC begins probe into Bihar police firing - Jul 21, 2011
- 9 killed in Peshawar bomb blast (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Two women killed in Poonch firing - Mar 07, 2012
- Two killed in Kolkata blast - Apr 09, 2012