Inebriated Delhi doctor knocks down four with new carJune 24th, 2008 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) A 54-year-old doctor was arrested after he lost control of his newly bought car and injured a biker, a scooter rider, an ice-cream vendor and a pedestrian in northwest Delhi, the police said Tuesday. R.K. Goel, who was stated to be in an inebriated state, was taking the test drive of the Hyundai Accent car, which he had purchased Sunday, along with his son.
The duo was heading towards Vishram Chowk when the doctor lost control over power steering and rammed into a scooter-rider first near Ayodhya Chowk in Rohini Sector-3 late Monday.
The car then hit a biker and rammed into an ice-cream cart before halting. The ice-cream vendor and a pedestrian were also injured in the accident.
The injured were admitted to the Ambedkar Hospital and they all were discharged after treatment.
“The car was running at such a speed that we could not get a chance to move aside,” said Sunil Vohra, one of the injured.
The police said Goel lost the control when a cow came in front of the vehicle. “But we have registered a case of rash and negligent driving and Goel has been arrested. He was produced before a city magistrate, who has granted him bail,” said a police official.
The doctor runs a clinic in Mangolpuri locality of the same area.
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Seven arrested for youth's murder - Jan 14, 2012
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Two people injured in political clashes in Kerala - Apr 11, 2011
- Robbing to watch movies, four held - Mar 28, 2011
- For Delhi's poor, livelihood matters more than graft - Apr 10, 2011
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Eight killed as car hits pedestrians in Jakarta - Jan 22, 2012
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Six injured in car accident - Oct 26, 2011
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011