Indo-British naval exercise to begin April 21April 18th, 2008 - 9:26 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) The third annual Indo-British naval exercise will be organised on the western seaboard in Goa from April 21 to May 2. “The Royal Navy will field the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious and the HMS Trafalgar nuclear submarine besides a guided missile frigate and a fleet replenishment tanker,” a British high commission statement said Friday.
At the ‘Konkan’ bilateral exercise, the Indian Navy will be represented by guided-missile destroyers INS Mysore and INS Rajput, the guided missile frigate INS Gomati, fleet replenishment tanker INS Aditya and the submarine INS Shishumar.
The exercise will be conducted under the tactical command of the Flag Officer Commander Western Fleet Rear Admiral Anil Chopra. The British force will be commanded by Commodore Tom Cunningham, commander of the Carrier Strike Group, the statement said.
The thrust of the exercise will be on combined maritime operations, with the Indian Navy’s Sea Harrier aircraft operating from Goa, and exercises between the submarines of the two navies, an official said.
- British n-sub in India for naval war game - Oct 07, 2011
- Indo-French naval exercise to help anti-piracy operations - Jan 08, 2011
- Indian, US navies begin annual exercise in Arabian Sea - Apr 23, 2010
- Indian, US navies to conduct joint exercise - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Unsure when Gulf of Aden piracy will end' - Apr 24, 2010
- French carrier in India for joint naval drill - Jan 06, 2011
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
- Indian warships visit China after six years - Jun 14, 2012
- Indian Navy to majorly increase combat capabilities - Dec 01, 2010
- Joint Indo-UK naval exercise in Goa from today - Apr 21, 2008
- Indian Navy in fast forward mode (With Image) - May 16, 2012
- Indo-US naval wargames begin in Arabian Sea - Apr 23, 2010
- Antony witnesses Indian Navy's battle readiness exercise - Feb 08, 2012
- India, Britain begin submarine naval exercise Wednesday - Jul 27, 2010
- President reviews naval fleet (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011