Indo-Arab chamber sets up south India chapterAugust 4th, 2012 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 4 (IANS) The Indo-Arab Chamber of Commerce & Industries has set up its south India chapter here to accelerate trade, investments and joint ventures between industries located in the four southern states and 18 countries in the Arab world.
“The chapter will strive to identify new areas of cooperation for promoting trade, investments and joint ventures between Indian industries and their counterparts in the Arab countries,” the chapter’s executive director Asif Iqbal said in a statement here Saturday.
Besides the four southern states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, the chapter will cater to the chamber’s members in Goa.
The Indo-Arab Chamber of Commerce & Industries was set up in 1980 to promote trade and economic ties between India and the Arab world.
As an active forum, the chamber has participated in the economic development of the Arab world by exporting manpower and taking up various infrastructure projects in the Gulf region.
The Gulf chapter of the chamber is located at Muscat in Oman.
- Abu Dhabi to host third Indo-Arab meet - May 15, 2012
- India, Bahrain sign tax, IT pacts - May 31, 2012
- India, Singapore business chambers to boost trade - Jul 11, 2012
- Arab-India trade meet begins Tuesday - May 22, 2012
- Indian doctors attend ayurvedic fest in Sharjah - Apr 28, 2011
- India, Bahrain seek trade boost - Jun 01, 2012
- Antony to visit Oman to boost defence cooperation - May 14, 2010
- Need for reactivating India-UAE Joint Business Council: President Patil - Nov 23, 2010
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Oman Oil to invest $3 bn in Indian fertilizer plants - Sep 06, 2010
- $100 mn Oman India investment fund to be launched soon - Jan 25, 2010
- Trade, FDI will be cornerstone of India-UAE ties: Patil - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE keen on cultural, economic ties with India: Book - Jun 27, 2011
- India-Arab trade can double by 2014: Anand Sharma - Feb 08, 2010
- Mauritius invites Indian investments - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: active forum, arab chamber of commerce, arab countries, arab world, bangalore, chamber of commerce, counterparts, economic ties, executive director, goa, india chapter, indo, infrastructure projects, joint ventures, kerala, manpower, muscat, south india, southern states, tamil nadu